Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The Little Black Book


Little Black Book


Oddly enough it is a little black book which startes off all our intimate diary entries.  It is very nondiscript, black leather which probably used to have a leather strip which bound it.  The interior cover is utilized for statements of importance it appears.  Yet with her own whimsical touch, penned in a sparkly rose gel ink:

Mission Statement 2 Peter 3

    The day of the Lord
_____________________
           Aug 13, 04

At the inner binding, to the top right corner of the cover she has written: 

"He who has an ear, let him hear what the spirit says"

Along the edge it has referenced Daniel 12 (end of times)

The lower portion of this page is dedicated to Hebrews 10: 38, 39:
 I am living by faith, I will not shrink back, so He may be pleased with me!
I am not one of those who shrinks back and are destroyed.
But of those who believe and are saved.
                                                        Amen
The adjoining cover page must have been written at a later time.  The writing instrument is now black ball point which continues onto the preseeding 3 small squares of paper:

Father, thank you for insight, wisdom, patients and grace.  I pray for the strength and courage to do YOUR will and the wisdom and selflessness to understand which I am doing.  Help me to not be a stumbling block to others.  To let your love be seen, felt and heard so others do not feel they are being judged and can open up to let YOU help them. 

I'm sorry for when I set bad examples; I pray you will bless me with the insight to learn and repair any damage I may have caused others and myself.  Help me to always show love, mercy, encouragement and strength through you in all I deal with daily.  Help me to not focus on tomorrow but do well and work for you minute to minute - hour to hour - day to day - Only to glorify YOU!

In your precious son's name Jesus Christ I pray
Father - Amen


cover to page 2


No comments: