Monday, March 18, 2013

What DO You Want From Me.....

  "I AM the Lord! That IS my name....and I will not give my glory to anyone else; I will NOT share my praise with carved idols.  Everything I prophesied came true......and NOW I will prophecy AGAIN!  I will tell you the future BEFORE it happens!"
 

"Sing a  new song to the Lord! Sing His praises, all you who live in earth's remotest corners!  Sing, O Sea!  Sing, all you who live in distant lands beyond the sea!........Isaiah 42:8-10
Hi Daddy,

Thank you for being faithful, no matter how I react toward others!  Thank you for being constant, unchanging and mindful that I am prone to loose my way. 

Daddy, I have trouble at times comprehending cruelty..what to do or not to do.  I find myself asking, "What in the world DO you want me to do?"  At times, often lately, I find myself frustrated that you ask me / us to be here and NOT give in to our emotions.  Which, by the way, are justified ...most of the time on some level....in the worlds view.  But your view points of things are so different. 

At times I get confused that you are God and yet we are supposed to attempt to comprehend such "out of this world" thinking. "HOW am I supposed to be at peace!?!" is what my soul screams out; and just as quickly, your Spirit says "Peace, be still....I have not left you, don't act as though I have."

When I allow you, your Spirit, to embrace my weary soul and grieve with me....right here with me - all alone, then the me becomes we and I am no longer all alone.  WE are here..in the quietness of chaos passed.  It is now that I feel the stillness and hear the lovely birds; now I realize all IS well. It isn't perfect....but the perfect one is here with me.  AND I AM....able because you dearly love me. 
I know no one else will EVER be capable of loving me like you do; so I must forgive, because I cannot love anyone else like this either! 

"What do you want", you reiterate my pitiful, exasperated plea......for me to be faithful.  But not faithful to the brokenness of man......faithful to the fullness of YOUR faithfulness....by trusting that if all the mountains crumble into the sea...there will still be you and me.... And yes, I hear the tune of the song and know the lyrics well.  So we sit here and listen to them in the stillness.....

So if I say to you tomorrow.....take my hand child come with me......it's to a castle I will take you.....where what to be they say will be.....
 
In front of me is the rough draft painting I have been working on for the shelter.  I have been studying Isaiah 40-45 in preparation.



Wow, what clarity.   I KNOW what you desire me to do:  Trust.  Believe...your promises.... that you carry me close to your heart and that my sad days are gone, as you said in Isaiah 40.  You also promise,because I wait "upon you", that "you alone" will renew my strength; I will run without being weary and walk without ever becoming faint.   

You, Dad, are holding me by your very own right hand.  So, despised as others can attempt to entice me to feel, I will not be afraid; because LOOK.....you are on your way :)  I see that all the rest is empty foolishness and worthless in comparison to what you see, and you say nothing can harm me here.

But that isn't what I see most clearly.  What is crystal clear to me at this moment is this fact: because any harm formed against me will be blocked by you alone, I must freely forgive those who mean me harm....So I do....what else would I do.  AND pray:

Our Father, who are in heaven hallowed be thy name.  Thy kingdom come, thy will be done, on earth as it is in heaven.  Give us this day our daily bread and forgive us our debts as we forgive our debtors.  Lead us not into temptation but deliver us from the evil one; for yours is the power and the glory for ever and ever Amen.

So if you wake up with the sunrise....and all your dreams are still as new....and happiness is what you need so badly....girl, the answer lies with you.........
 
Kisses,
C




Kaleidoscope Butterfly, Inc®
©Candace Huffmaster 2013, All Copy Rights Reserved







No comments: